- January, 2020
- Share It
Plastic Pipe Cutter
The Monument Autocut® for Plastic Pipe Cutter AC4P is a Plastic Pipe Cutter which has been designed and manufactured in Britain #madeinbritain.
As the worldwide market size increases for plastic plumbing pipe and plastic waste pipe, it is therefore essential Monument Tools continue to develop products to ensure its range is comprehensive.
The Monument Autocut® for Plastic is designed as a single sized plastic pipe cutter and ranges from 10mm plumbing pipe up to 2in. Waste Pipe.
The full range of sizes includes 10mm 15mm 20mm and 22mm 25mm 28mm for plastic plumbing pipe as well as 1¼in. 1½in. and 2in for plastic waste pipe.
Waste Pipe Cutters
The 1.1/4in 1.1/2in. and 2in. versions will cut both push-fit as well as solvent weld Waste Pipe. The push-fit and solvent weld pipe, whilst nominally are called 1¼ in. (inch and a quarter), 1½ in. (inch and a half), 2in. (two inch) actual pipe sizes vary from :
30mm ID inside diameter to 36mm OD outside diameter for the 1.1/4in.
37mm I.D. internal diameter to 43mm O.D external diameter for the 1.1/2 in.
50mm ID inner diameter to 56mm OD outer diameter for the 2 inch.
Plastic Pipe Cutter Reviews
Read Tooltalk reviews of the Autocut for Plastic
Designed Manufactured & 3D-Printed
The plastic pipe cutters have been designed in the Monument Tools Engineering Suite and using a 3D printer to model, test and improve the product’s design at every stage.
The result is a single sized gated plastic pipe cutter similar in appearance to the Monument automatic copper pipe cutters – the 15PC and 22PC. Both the copper and plastic version have a registered design outer body shape and both work with a gate to close onto the pipe. The design of the cutters, as always from Monument, is to help save the engineer time and create as square a cut as possible.
The final changes to the designs were delivered by the Monument Masters. The Monument Masters suggested making space for a spare cutter within the cutter itself and additional ensuring there was a mark for positioning the pipe in line with the blade of the plastic pipe cutter.
One suggestion we had from the Monument Masters was to make each size a different colour – whilst this is a great idea – it’s not ideal from a manufacturing point of view – the suggestion would be to mark each cutter in the toolbag with a permanent marker showing the size of each cutter.
The plastic pipe cutters are coloured as per the Monument Automatic copper pipe cutters, yellow and grey but can also be own branded or coloured differently.
The Monument Autocut® for Plastic are patent applied for.
Single Size Plastic Pipe Cutter vs Ratchet Shears
Ratchet type or shear type plastic pipe cutters can tend to squash the plastic pipe and where there are rings to fit or internal and or external fittings a round pipe is much more preferable to the engineer.
How to use – Instructions
The Monument Autocut plastic pipe cutters are easy to use.
1. Mark the pipe to be cut
2. Remove the Blade Protector – the cutting blade is SHARP!
3. Position centreline of cutter on the mark on the pipe
4. Close the gate – DO NOT FORCE the blade through the pipe
5. Turn the cutter in the direction of the arrows
6. As you turn the cutter apply a little force to the gate
7. Continue turning the cutter slowly forcing the blade through the pipe
8. 1-2 turns for the 10mm cutter up to 5-7 turns for the 2in. cutter
9. The pipe should be cut squarely
10. Replace the Blade Protector – the cutting blade is SHARP!
Plastic Pipe Cutter Product Codes
The product codes for the cutters are 110J 10mm 115Y 15mm 120Q 20mm 122U 22mm 125D 25mm 128M 28mm and 1114B 1.1/4in. 1112V 1.1/2in. 1200P 2in. The blades are manufactured in Sheffield and are in packs of 5 product code 100B.
Kits are available too: the Waste Pipe Cutter Kit 11422W contains 1.1/4in 1.1/2in and 2in. and a Popular Sizes Kit 15112F contains 15mm 22mm 1.1/4in and 1.1/2in. The Plumbing Sizes Kit 15228P contains 10mm 15mm 22mm 28mm.
Replacing the Blade
The Sheffield Stainless Steel blade is replaceable in the Monument Autocut for Plastic. The blade is interchangeable throughout the entire range. Simply remove the screws; take out and replace the cutter blade and reassemble. Note there is a space for a spare cutter blade in the body housing.
- Covid-19 Coronavirus Updates
- Tooltalk Product Reviews
- Hand Tools
- Plastic Pipe Cutter
- Pipe Cutter Wheels Replacement
- Monument Immersion Heater Spanner
- Private Label Own Brand Plumbing Tools
- Solder Fitting Crimping Tool
- Monument Grip+
- TRV Tail Driver
- Monument Tools Olive Puller
- Latest Plumbing Tools from Inventor’s Den
- Plumbers Soldering Mat Patented Omat
- Plumbers Merchants Focus Redstone Supplies
- Plumbing Blowtorch Best Practice
- Training Centre & Plumbing Tools Showroom
- Monument Tools Credentials
- Monument Tools Supplying Plumbing Starter Tool Kit
- Pipeslice and Monument Autocut
- Monument Tools is an Innovative, UK based, Privately Owned company