- October, 2018
- Share It
Pipeslice®, Monument Autocuts®, Automatic Copper Pipe Cutters like all tools are put through the mill. All need pipe cutter wheel replacement as well as regular cleaning to stop rollers from seizing.
Stopping Slices from Seizing
All tools require a certain amount of maintenance to work well long term and need some t.l.c. from the engineer. Pipe cutters are no exception and indeed come across more severe conditions than most tools because of their proximity to water and fluxes. The rollers will tend to slow down in rotation as flux and water come in contact with them. This will make the pipe cutters seem to seize up. Monument try and ensure that the rollers are plated but with the aggressive fluxes and water in contact most days and the fact the rollers are in contact with copper when cutting, the plating with tend to wear off over time.
To help prolong the life of the pipe cutters the following is recommended :
It’s a pretty similar operation to changing the wheels on the types of pipe cutters. In the case of pipe cutters like Monument Autocut® or PipeSlice® first take them apart. There is only one screw holding the 2 halves together. Take the side off carefully noting how it is assembled. Remove the wheel and spring, the rollers and then give the insides a good clean. Remove any accumulated fluxes and other general muck.
Spray internally with something like WD40® then carefully reassemble the pipe cutter and off you go again for hundreds more cuts. Unfortunately once rust is there it’s time to buy a new one #AskForMonument.
The traditional adjustable types of pipe cutter similar to the Monument Size 0 264Y Size 1 265B Size 2A 266E – 363 and the Size 3 TC3 require similar treatment. Disassemble, clean all parts and put back together again and they will last and last.
Whether these pipe cutters are fitted with wheels to cut copper, light gauge steel tube or plastic pipe the same principle applies – carefully disassemble, clean out the muck then reassemble.
- Olive Cutter
- Toilet Plunger
- Best Hole Saws
- Plumbers Soldering Tray
- Apprenticeships in Sutton
- Brexit Statement
- Pipe Bender
- Covid-19 Coronavirus Updates
- Tooltalk Product Reviews
- Hand Tools
- Plastic Pipe Cutter
- Pipe Cutter Wheels Replacement
- Monument Immersion Heater Spanner
- Private Label Own Brand Plumbing Tools
- Solder Fitting Crimping Tool
- Monument Grip+
- TRV Tail Driver
- Monument Tools Olive Puller
- Latest Plumbing Tools from Inventor’s Den
- Plumbers Soldering Mat Patented Omat
- Plumbers Merchants Focus Redstone Supplies
- Plumbing Blowtorch Best Practice
- Training Centre & Plumbing Tools Showroom
- Monument Tools Credentials
- Monument Tools Supplying Plumbing Starter Tool Kit
- Pipeslice and Monument Autocut
- Monument Tools is an Innovative, UK based, Privately Owned company
- One size does not fit all…
- Engineering Excellence